[vc_row height=”full” valign=”bottom” us_bg_image_source=”media” us_bg_image=”234″ us_bg_pos=”top center”][vc_column][vc_column_text css=”%7B%22default%22%3A%7B%22padding-top%22%3A%2215px%22%2C%22padding-right%22%3A%2215px%22%2C%22padding-bottom%22%3A%2215px%22%2C%22padding-left%22%3A%2215px%22%2C%22background-color%22%3A%22rgba%28255%2C255%2C255%2C0.88%29%22%2C%22%2Abackground-color%22%3A%22rgb%28255%2C255%2C255%29%22%7D%7D”]
MOVEMENT & MINDFULNESS THERAPY
“The part can never be well unless the whole is well.”
“Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.”
– Jason Crandell[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]I call this my “special ingredient”. When we are feeling connected to ourselves, others around us and our environment, we feel good, empowered and capable. So much of what we cope with today is a byproduct of the stresses, pressures and disconnection they experience in their everyday lives. In children and teens, we sometimes hear about these challenges as dis-regulation, lacking attention and focus, and defiance. In adults, we see this as inattention, low frustration tolerance and other various daily challenges in communication and relations with others. No matter what the needs and goals of our work together, the infusion of yoga and mindfulness techniques and practices into the therapeutic experience provides a platform for even more growth and greater positive change.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_tta_accordion][vc_tta_section tab_id=”1574072098573-99acdf94-e766″ title=”WHAT IS MOVEMENT THERAPY?”][vc_column_text]What sets yoga therapy apart from other systematic modalities is that it utilizes the use of movement as a means to integrate ourselves and find stillness. Within an integrated framework, principles and techniques of yoga are introduced to the therapeutic plan that may involve other therapeutic approaches to meeting goals. The beauty of movement therapy is that it is flexible and strengths-based, fitting people with varying special needs and nurturing an environment that celebrates uniqueness and difference.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section tab_id=”1574072098583-a07af537-9ac3″ title=”WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?”][vc_column_text]Dating back thousands of years, yoga is an ancient practice of achieving mind – body balance and health. A growing body of research supports yoga as a means for decreasing anxiety, stress and depression, while increasing positive coping, self-guided states of relaxation and improved concentration and attention. The combination of breath and movement while participating in various postures improves balance and strength. But, it is far more than just a workout for the body. While inviting children and adults to experience different positions, they are also:
- Tuning in – paying intentional focus to the sensations that they are experiencing during the movement.
- >Learning the skill of “interoception” – perceiving sensations inside of the body. In our brains, the circuitry of interoception involves a central set of connections that support empathy and awareness of self. This skill supports our connection and understanding of self and others.
- Actively supporting immune system health, resilience in the face of challenges and cultivating balance.
- Honoring their body.
- Discovering strengths they did not previously know they had.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section tab_id=”1574072138946-b9092992-ae34″ title=”I’M INTERESTED IN GETTING MY CHILD OR TEEN INVOLVED.”][vc_column_text]If you are interested in individual sessions of yoga therapy or to host a group in your home, school or organization, please connect with Victoria directly. If you are interested in a group that is forming at a designated location please visit the Groups page for enrollment information.[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″ offset=”vc_col-xs-6″][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″ offset=”vc_col-xs-6″][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_accordion][/vc_column][/vc_row]